CORETOX®是一種由肉毒桿菌產生的毒素（肉毒桿菌毒素）所製成的藥物。 它可以放鬆面部肌肉收縮進而改善皺紋。 當注射到咀嚼肌和小腿肌肉時，它可以用來縮小臉部和腿部的肌肉而達到瘦臉或瘦腿的效果。它還能減少汗液和鼻水分泌，進而改善腋窩、手腳的多汗症和花粉症的症狀。
|菌株||Hall Hyper 菌株||Hall Hyper 菌株|
- 女性請採取避孕措施，至少須持續到注射後第二次月經結束。 男性在注射後三個月內也須採取避孕措施。
Side effects of CORETOX treatment
Common side effects for all treatments
- Redness, swelling, pain, and heat at the injection site: Usually improves within a few hours to a day.
- Internal bleeding: Very rare. It will disappear 1-2 weeks after treatment.
- Headache: Occurs in 1~5% of patients. It is usually mild and will disappear in a few hours to few days.
Risks and precautions according to the treatment area
- For all wrinkle treatments: Muscle movements may change and wrinkles may appear in other areas. It is important not to increase the dosage of CORETOX too much, as it will fully fulfill its anti-wrinkle effect if wrinkles are prevented from appearing with the facial expressions that are often performed on a daily basis.
- Forehead and Frown lines (areas between eyebrows): Eyelid and eyebrow drooping (eyelids and eyebrows droop, eyes become heavier, and difficult to open the eyes) and eyebrow elevation (the outer eyebrows become lifted and there is a difference between the left and right eyebrows) may occur. Rarely, the width of double eyelid may narrow or change. Generally, all the symptoms will gradually improve in about 4 weeks. CORETOX injection to the areas between eyebrows may cause the muscles relax and the space widen. Forehead CORETOX treatment is not recommended for people in their 60s and older.
- Crow’s feet (the corner of the eye): Brow elevation (lifting of the outer brow) and dry eyes have been reported in few patients.
- Bunny lines: Although very rare, symptoms of double vision and running tears (watery eyes) have been reported.
- Gummy smile: The philtrum (the indentation above the upper lip) may be elongated and the left and right corners of the mouth may become asymmetrical. When the left and right become asymmetrical, additional injections are made on the side that is elevated to correct the asymmetry.
- Smile lines on the cheeks: Smiling may become unnatural or asymmetrical. Usually improves in 2~4 weeks.
- Lips: Mouth squeezing movements and whistling may become difficult. It may be also difficult to pronounce “pa, pi, pu, pe, and po”.
- Jaw： Mouth may become difficult to close, jaw may become elongated, and mouth may become distorted when smiling. The lower lip may become more easily caught between the teeth and the lower lip, or the lower lip may be bitten more easily.
- Corner of mouth: Asymmetry of the left and right corners of the mouth may occur, and mouth may be distorted when smiling. Usually improves in 2~4 weeks.
- Platysma muscle: Although very rare, the muscles in the center of the neck may relax and sag. Speech, swallowing, and movement disorders have been reported.
- Masseters: This treatment is not recommended for people in their 40s or older, as the decrease size of masseter muscles can cause the skin to sag in their place and the cheeks to become hollow. Some muscles may bulge compensatory, and additional corrective CORETOX injections are used in these cases.
- Shoulder and calf: Dull muscle pain, sagging, weakness, wobbliness, and tangling may occur, but will improve in 2~3 weeks. Decreased in strength may occur. Very rarely, neuropathy, numbness, and weakness may also occur.
- Hay fever: Although the possibility of transient effects on the sense of smell cannot be ruled out theoretically, it is very rare in actual clinical practice.
- Hyperhidrosis: Instead of a decrease in sweating in the treated area, there may be an increase in sweating from other areas (compensatory sweating). In the cases of hands or feet treatment, transient weakness, difficulty grasping objects, difficulty doing fine work, muscle pain, and numbness due to neuropathy may occur.
Severe side effects
Although very rare, the following side effects have been reported
- Anaphylactic shock: Severe allergic symptoms (generalized rash, swelling of skin, lips, and tongue, dyspnea, palpitations, hypotension, disorientation, and convulsions).
- Allergy to anesthesia or its ingredients or additives: Severe allergic symptoms (generalized rash, swelling of skin, lips, and tongue, dyspnea, palpitations, hypotension, disturbance of consciousness, convulsions) after using lidocaine tape or cream anesthesia.
- Eye disorders: Corneal disorders due to difficulty in closing the eyes and dryness of the cornea.
- Swallowing and breathing disorders: Symptoms such as dysphagia, change in voice quality, and dyspnea may occur after injections of 100 units or more into the neck muscles.
- Seizures: seizures and recurrence of seizures may occur.
Other side effects
Other reported side effects include. There are specific side effects depending on the area of wrinkles treated, which will be explained in detail during the consultation.
|Less than 1%||Frequency unknown|
|Excessive muscle relaxation||Rabbit eyes, facial paralysis, localized hypotonia (cervical muscle weakness, drooping corners of the mouth, etc.)||Ectropion, entropion, eyelid closure problems|
|Eye||Diplopia, foggy eyesight, photophobia, eye fat, watery eyes, eye pain||Eye irritation, strabismus, conjunctivitis, dry eyes, keratitis, corneal erosions, Impaired vision, eyelid edema|
|Skin||Rash, itching, erythema, hair loss (including eyelash and eyebrow depilation)||Psoriasiform eruption, Erythema multiforme|
|Injection site||Swelling, hemorrhagic spots, burning sensation, or pain at the injection site||Twitching or infection at the injection site, pain and hypertonia of neighboring muscles|
|Blood||Decreased white blood cells||Thombocytopneia|
|Gastro intestine||Nausea, diarrhea, dry mouth||Dysphagia, anorexia, vomiting, abdominal pain|
|Psychiatric, neurological||Dizziness, fainting, sensory abnormality||Nerve root disorders, numbness|
|Others||Facial pain, fever, CK level elevation(blood test), common cold-like symptoms||Weakness, fatigue, tinnitus, hearing loss, sweating, denervation atrophy/muscle atrophy, myalgia, abnormal liver function tests|
●高円寺分院 TEL 03-5913-7435
休診日：週日 / 國定假日
●麹町分院 TEL 03-6261-7433