Sunekos is an injectable formulation based on non-cross-linked hyaluronic acid and six amino acids (Glycine, L-Proline, L-Lysine HCP, L-Valine, L-Alanine, and L-leucine). It improves the firmness of the dermis by stimulating the production of collagen and elastin and increasing the extracellular matrix. Sunekos is not approved by the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare of Japan so it is not indicated for Relief Systems for Adverse Drug Reactions if there are any severe side effects that occur after treatment.
Type of Sunekos
SUNECOS is available in two variants: low molecular weight hyaluronic acid “Sunekos 200” and medium molecular weight hyaluronic acid “Sunekos 1200”.
|Type||Sunekos 200||Sunekos 1200|
|Characteristics||Non-cross-linked low molecular hyaluronic acid and six amino acids Improvement of dermal firmness and fine wrinkles||Non-cross-linked medium molecular hyaluronic acid and six amino acids|
Improvement of deep wrinkles such as laugh lines
|Indications||Around eyes, dark circles around eyes, entire face, neck, décolleté, back of hands, acne scars||Laugh lines, under eye tear troughs, hollow cheeks, back of hands, acne scars|
Indications for treatment
◆ Wrinkles, Sagging Skin, Dark Circles under the Eyes
Sunekos can stimulate the fibroblasts of the dermis reproducing both collagen and elastin. One week after Sunekos injection, the effect gradually begins to appear and lasts for about 6 months. By increasing the firmness and thickness of the dermis, the effects of reducing dark circles under the eyes can be expected. This treatment is also effective for shallow wrinkles and fine lines. Although there is no marked or immediate improvement for deeper wrinkles, a natural effect can be expected after repeated treatments.
- Areas: Sunekos can be used around the eyes, corners of the mouth, cheeks, the entire face, neck, décolleté (chest), arms, hands, inner thighs, knees, etc.
- Frequency of treatment: totally 4 to 8 injections are recommended, with an interval of every 1 to 2 weeks.
- Dosage: Inject 1 ampule (about 3mL) of Sunekos 200 into the affected area. For larger areas, 2 ampules may be needed. For deep wrinkles, inject both Sunnekos 1200 and Sunekos 200 at the same time are recommended.
◆ Acne scars
Indented/pitted acne scar become more prominent due to the reduction of dermal tissue (loss of firmness). Combining Sunekos with CO2 fractional laser or DermaPen4 will stimulate the growth of collagen and elastin, and increase the firmness of the dermis, which will reduce the appearance of acne scars.
- Areas: Sunekos is injected around the depressed areas of acne scars.
- Frequency of treatment: totally 4 to 8 injections are recommended, with an interval of every 1 to 2 weeks. Please make a 2-week interval before and after CO2 fractional laser or DermaPen4 treatment.
- Dosage: Inject 1 ampule (about 3mL) of Sunekos 200 into the affected area. For larger areas, 2 ampules may be needed. For large acne scars, inject both Sunnekos 1200 and Sunekos 200 at the same time are recommended.
Advantages and disadvantages of Sunekos
The advantages of Sunekos are its safety and natural finish. As it contains non-cross-linked agents, there are no reports of allergies such as foreign body granulomas. Also, like hyaluronic acid, it does not cause unnatural puffiness if too much is injected. Even when injected into areas with thin skin, such as under the eyes, it does not cause unevenness and does not cause the tyndall effect*.
The disadvantage of Sunekos is that it does not remain in the skin, so it is not expected to have an immediate effect, such as an immediate improvement in wrinkles. The volume-enhancing effect is weak, so no noticeable changes can be achieved.
*Tyndall effect: when hyaluronic acid is placed in the shallow skin layer, such as under the eyes, it appears blue and translucent, making dark circles more prominent. Hyaluronic acid in the shallow layer may remain partially unabsorbed, causing water retention, resulting in the tindal phenomenon and swelling.
Needles used for Sunekos injections
Sunekos 200 injections use the thinnest standard 34G (0.18 mm diameter) microinjection needle. By using the thinnest needle possible, the frequency of pain and internal bleeding is reduced. (30G needle is used for Sunekos 1200)
Who cannot receive Sunekos treatment
- Those who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- There are skin problems at the area that are wished to treat.
Side effects of Sunekos treatment
- Redness, swelling, pain and heat sensation at the injection site: usually subside within few hours to a day. In the area around the eyes, there will be considerable swelling after injection, but it will improve within few hours to a day.
- Internal/ subcutaneous bleeding: bleeding may occur when capillaries distributed under the skin are punctured. Please understand that this complication is more of a probability than a result of injection technique itself. The area around the eyes is particularly prone to develop internal bleeding, and usually it takes 1-2 weeks for the bleeding to disappear.
- Anaphylactic shock: Severe allergic symptoms (generalized rash, swelling of skin, lips and tongue, dyspnea, palpitations, hypotension, disturbance of consciousness, convulsions) have NEVER been reported in the past with SUNECOS, but theoretically there is a risk of allergy with any medication.
- Allergy to anesthesia: Although very rare, severe allergic symptoms (generalized rash, swelling of the skin, lips and tongue, breathing difficulties, palpitations, hypotension, loss of consciousness, convulsions) may occur due to the ingredients and additives of lidocaine dressing or anesthesia cream.
Precautions after treatment
- Please do not rub or press the injection site for 2 days after Sunekos treatment.
- Please avoid make-up, bathing, sauna, alcohol consumption and exercise on the day after Sunekos treatment. Gently washing the face and taking a shower are possible on the day after injection.
|Consultation Fee||First visit ¥3,850|
Repeat visit ¥1,650
|Sunekos 200||1 ampule (3mL) ¥33,000|
|Sunekos 1200||1 ampule (3mL) ¥55,000|
|Anesthesia||Lidocaine dressing: 1 kit ¥330|
Anesthesia cream: half ~ whole face ¥3,300
Anesthesia cream: a part of face ¥1,650
- A consultation by doctor is required for the first time Sunekos treatment. Follow-up consultation is also recommended after the first treatment, but those who do not wish to have a consultation will only be charged for the procedure fee.
- There are 3mL in each Sunekos ampule, but the actual amount injected is about 2.7mL for Sunekos 200 and 2.5 mL for Sunekos 1200 due to the limited amount that can be prepared during dispensing.
- The cream anesthesia for a part of the face is indicated for a small area, such as around the eyes or a part of the cheeks only.
How to make a appointment
Sunekos treatment is by telephone appointment only, please call the respective clinic.
Appointments and Enquiries
●HADA NO Clinic Koenji (TEL 03-5913-7435)
4F Anfini Building, 4-6-7 Koenji Minami, Suginami-ku, Tokyo
Mon.～Sat. : 10:30 am - 1:30 pm / 3:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Sun. and Public holiday : closed
●HADA NO Clinic Kojimachi (TEL 03-6261-7433)
B1 Chichibuya Building, 3-7-4 Kojimachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
Mon.～Fri. : 11:00 am - 2:00 pm / 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Sat. and Sun. : 10:00 am - 1:00 pm / 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Public holiday : closed
*Full appointments are required.
*We are very sorry, but our staff is not fluent in English. please speak slowly.
*Please note that 'telephone re-consultation fee' will be charged if a doctor responds to your medical questions.