For frequently asked questions about treatment, please refer to the respective pages of each medical menu.
Questions about medical care
Do you offer free counselling?
We do not offer free counseling other than medical hair removal. Please note that doctors are available for all patients at the time of the first consultation, and even if it is only for consultation, a consultation fee will be charged.
How much is the consultation fee?
- Initial consultation fee: 3,500 yen (excluding tax)
- Re-examination fee 1,500 yen (excluding tax)
- Regardless of whether it is Takamado Temple or Kojimachi Hospital, except for medical hair removal, those who have been examined at our hospital will be treated as a re-examination even if the medical treatment menu is changed (Please make a reservation when the medical treatment menu changes in the initial examination slot).
- In the case of treatment or injection only, there is no re-examination fee.
- Medical hair removal counseling and medical examination fees are free of charge. When using other medical care menus, a consultation fee will be charged separately.
Although our hospital is self-funded and insurance does not work, if we assume that 30% of the insurance is paid, the initial examination fee of 3,500 yen will be 1,155 yen, and the reexamination fee of 1,500 yen will be 495 yen, which we consider to be an appropriate fee. Thank you for your understanding.
How do I make a booking?
Please make a reservation for both the first consultation and the second consultation from the Internet or by phone.
For details, please refer to the “How to make a reservation” page.
Does insurance cover it?
All treatment at our hospital is self-funded. Please check the prices on the page of each medical menu.
Can I use a credit card for payment?
In addition to Visa, MasterCard, JCB, American Express, Diners Club, Discover, and UnionPay Card credit card payments.
Both lump-sum payment and installment payment are available.
We do not accept credit card settlement and cash in combination with checkout, so please use one payment method.
Can you just prescribe or treat me?
- Those who wish to prescribe oral medicine need to be examined for both the first and second consultations. (Some medicines such as whitening oral medicine can only be prescribed after the second time.)
- If you wish to prescribe dispensing cosmetics or topical creams, if you wish to prescribe only for the second or subsequent time, only one prescription is also possible. In that case, there is no need to make an appointment, so please consult with the reception desk during the consultation hours. (Excluding some pharmaceuticals)
- If you only wish to perform medical hair removal, various lasers, peeling, electroporation, derma pen, etc. after the second time, you do not need to make an appointment for a medical examination. Please make a reservation only for the treatment.
- If you would like a placenta injection or beauty infusion, and you do not need to make a reservation for the second or subsequent time. (Only at Koenji Temple, in case of intravenous drip, reservation is required)
Can I buy medicines online?
At the time of the first consultation, we will have a face-to-face consultation, but those who revisit can use telemedicine (online prescription). At that time, it is necessary to fill in the “consent form for telemedicine”.
* The formulation and sale of cosmetics and supplements at medical institutions is limited to “sales to patients only”. If you are a first-timer, please note that the initial examination fee will be charged only for the prescription and sale of cosmetics and supplements. If you are a patient who is already visiting the hospital and wish to use telemedicine, please consult with the receptionist.
For details, please refer to our “Telemedicine” page.
How long does the treatment take?
It is a complete reservation system, but there may be some waiting time for the following reasons.
- Because there are variations in the contents of consultation per person, and the consultation time and laser treatment time may be extended
- Because there are patients who come to the hospital late for the appointment time
The consultation time is 15 minutes for the first consultation and 5 ~ 10 minutes for the second consultation, but if you include the waiting time, please expect that the first consultation will be 30 ~ 60 minutes and the second consultation will be about 30 minutes, so please come to the clinic with plenty of time.
Can a minor visit a doctor alone?
Those under the age of 15 are not eligible to undergo medical examinations. If you are under the age of 18 (those under 20 years of age for diet treatment), you can not prescribe medication unless you are accompanied by a guardian only at the time of the first consultation. At the time of re-examination, it is possible to receive a consultation only by yourself.
We recommend that you consult with your family in advance about receiving treatment before receiving a medical examination.
Can I receive treatment even if I live far away?
Patients come to our hospital from all over the country, so treatment is possible.
In the case of people who are far away, the prescribed amount will be as long as possible, so for example, in the case of acne treatment with accutane (isotretinoin), the treatment will be completed only by visiting the hospital 3 ~ 4 times. In addition, in the case of AGA treatment with minoxidil tablets, the interval between examinations is once every six months, so if you visit the hospital twice a year, you can continue medical care.
Once the symptoms have calmed down, it will be possible to receive examinations, prescriptions, and medications online by telemedicine, and only the examination can be received at a nearby hospital. (Accutane and minoxidil tablets are not eligible for telemedicine.) ）
What are the intervals that must be left between each treatment?
For information on the interval of treatment, please refer to the “Treatment Interval” page.
Can the medicines be exchanged, returned or refunded?
All medicines and dispensing cosmetics prescribed in hospitals are not subject to cooling-off. That’s because pharmaceuticals are supposed to have side effects. Therefore, please note that even if you return a product due to a side effect or physical condition that the medicine does not match or the dispensing cosmetics do not fit your skin, we will refuse to exchange it, return it, or refund it.
Drugs and dispensing cosmetics that have been prescribed once cannot be used by other patients and will be disposed of, so please dispose of medicines and dispensing cosmetics that are no longer needed by yourself.
Are medical expenses deductible?
Treatment at our hospital may be eligible for medical expenses deduction. Whether you are eligible depends on whether you are interested in therapeutic or cosmetic purposes.
The acne treatment performed at our hospital is for the purpose of treating a disease called acne vulgaris, and is eligible for medical expenses deduction. However, peeling and dispensing cosmetics are generally judged to be for cosmetic purposes, even if they are for therapeutic purposes, so it seems difficult to deduct medical expenses.
If you are using a pill or mini-pill for the purpose of treating acne or alopecia, you may be eligible for a medical expense deduction. If it is prescribed for contraceptive purposes, it is not eligible for medical expenses deduction.
The treatment of AGA (male pattern baldness) and diffuse alopecia in women at our clinic is for therapeutic purposes only, not for cosmetic purposes. Therefore, most of them, including internal and topical medicines, may be eligible for medical expenses deduction. However, there are cases where the view differs depending on the tax office, and it is judged as a cosmetic purpose and is not eligible.
Since placenta injections are interpreted for the purpose of promoting beauty and health, there are many cases where medical expenses deduction cannot be received, but those who have autoimmune diseases such as atopy and rheumatism or chronic diseases such as menopause and are receiving placenta injections to alleviate their symptoms may be eligible for medical expenses deduction.
Whether or not the medical expenses deduction is actually applied is not the judgment of our hospital, but the judgment of the tax office, so please bring your statement and consult with the competent authority or tax office.
Appointments and Enquiries
●Hada no clinic Koenji (TEL 03-5913-7435)
4F Anfini Building, 4-6-7 Koenji Minami, Suginami-ku, Tokyo
Mon.～Sta. : 10:30 am - 1:30 pm / 3:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Sun. and Public holiday : closed
●Hada no clinic Kojimachi (TEL 03-6261-7433)
B1F Chichibuya Building, 3-7-4 Kojimachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
Mon.～Fri. : 11:00 am - 2:00 pm / 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Sta. and Sun. : 10:00 am - 1:00 pm / 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Public holiday : closed
*Full appointments are required.
*We are very sorry, but sometimes it is difficult to get through on the phone due to the high volume of calls. We ask for your understanding as we have a limited number of staff.
*Please note that a separate 'telephone re-consultation fee' will be charged if a doctor responds to medical questions.